Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Still going...

So a lot has happened since I last posted -- all good -- no worries...
1) had last meeting with plastic surgeon before pre-op (aug. 5th for surgery)
2) had appt with oncologist (best in the world) and gots my scripts for the tamoxofen
3) "ran" in the corporate challenge
4) had fun-filled fantastic remission/solstice/birthday party (way fun)
5) rode the cyclone
6) started growing hair

see? a lot has happened...

1) I am on the fence about silicone or saline - pros for silicone: feels more natural, looks more natural. pros for saline: easily absorbed by body if it ruptures. i am leaning towards silicone... have lots of pamphlets and only a couple weeks to decide

2) So as soon as I get my period back (and STOP having hot flashes!!) I will go on tamoxofen to curb estrogen production -- b/c of my age I am enrolling in a study to see if this new drug is more effective in addition to the tamoxofen. we'll see which group i am in-- also means that I will not have any ovary production for 5 years. weird. but cool - no periods -- yay! still slight chance that the kid thing won't happen - but she feels pretty sure that again b/c i am so young that my chances are good. that is out of my hands.

3) corporate challenge was fun and good to get out and going - made me realize I am completely out of shape- but am building back up to a routine and hopefully will be in shape to do the walk in october. we started at the non-competitive start... that just makes me laugh




4) party was great! missed everyone that wasn't there and thanks so much to the people that were!! top best party moments: cake, car bomb and pin the tail on the donkey
my brother was there as well-- which was great! they drove from AL - i will try and post pictures when i can but here are a couple that he sent - so great!



5) yes - i finally rode the cyclone and the joke of the day was "pity to survive cancer to die on a coaster" well worth it-- I will have to post the super shady story that happened after the cyclone some time but for now here is one for your enjoyment:

No comments: