So, just to fill in those that don't RSS this blog (or really anyone that isn't my brother, mother or anyone i haven't spoken ad nauseum about this)
I am applying for funding for this idea about a care kit for chemo patients -- here is the story: When I was going through chemo I had this realization that I have a strong network of friends and family and it was hard getting through treatment - what in the world do people do that don't have friends, family, support??? Luckily, I am in school and friends with some brilliant people that have helped mature this idea to help chemo patients -- cuz I mean cancer isn't easy (#1), #2 chemo sucks and no one should have to go through it unprepared or un-comforted or alone and #3 unfortunately cancer and chemo aren't going away anytime soon. So anyway - that's my soapbox - and I hope to transition this resource as a place to post updates (I'll continue the nipple discussion, never fear) and give more details about the project -- thus the funding!! as well as, let me know if you have any suggestions.
Can you vote for me to win funding for the Vessel chemo care kit?? I will be your BEST friend!! Can you go one step further? Can you pass this along to ANYONE that will vote?? pretty, pretty please??
the place to vote is here:
http://ideablob.com/ideas/4480-Vessel-Comfort-Kits-for-Chemo-P
(the disclaimer is that you have to register to vote -- but I promise you can opt out of getting ANY email from them if you choose!!)
Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart! :-)
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment