Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chemo is good for something...

it is good for making me appreciate my body when it is not going through treatment. dang. i have not been the best body host lately and hope to be better at that. I have been way into enjoying the summer - much to the dismay of the body. But body is getting back at me. I can't complain (TMI warning) I got my period back - which means all is functioning properly! hooray- but i also got my period and all the not-so-fun things associated. blech! so here's to respecting body!! and maybe body will be a little better to me.

This does mean that i will be starting tamoxifen shortly or some other drug on the study.

Also surgery is almost here. Almost here and almost gone. yay! the i'll be done. i went to the plastic surgeon and got it all sorted. i have my pain killers and my boob is ordered.all i need to to do is show up. I know i have "been on detox" for a couple of weeks but now i really am for real. no aspirin, no alcohol, good healthy food and exercise. This will help all go smoothly.

Lastly (but not leastly)
I am running in the race for the cure (ok run/walking, ok walking) but still training starts tomorrow (ok this weekend) but here is the link to my donation page if you feel so moved:
http://www.komennyc.org/site/TR/Race/race2008-wide?px=1602403&pg=personal&fr_id=1150
I will be sending out further info - and training updates. whoo hoo training. i love that!

Here is a snorkeling shot from bahamas where i met a great couple who had gone through BC three years ago- they were great and encouraging! so great to meet and talk to folks about their experience. I learned that 3 is a big year as far as recurrence. something to count down!!

No comments: