I have rarely done this. Seriously. I would rather not admit that there is anything going on than play it but today it had to be dealt. Our lease is up for renewal and they have been such jerks about the dogs, the construction, et all - we've been paranoid that we were going to get kicked out since october...
since we haven't received our renewal, panic started to set in -- (ok mainly from me but still) the fact that i am playing the cancer card is really more legit than it sounds though - when i am down for surgery happens to coincide with when we would have to move. This just really really would suck. So it was understandable that this should be done. Fingers crossed all goes well and I don't have to drag my bald head down there and look pathetic. (I really only need to show them the picture from last treatment)
Speaking of bald, I tried to get my passport renewed-- word to the wise don't try to wear a scarf for the picture -- they won't let you. I had to schlep back to the office and get the wig. It was the first and last time that I have worn it. but I have to admit -it did not look as fake as i thought it would. Man, I can't wait to have hair back.
Feeling better -- 3.5 out of 5.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Nic...Hang in there and use whatever means it takes to stay in your apartment. Landlords can be such jerks. We pray that everything will work out in your favor. The doctor has started Marie on Tomoxifen for her cancer.
Surgery and chemo is out of the question for someone who is 89 years old.
Love you bunches, Aunt Annie
Post a Comment