all of you know how good at making those i am.
here's the deal:
I went to the plastic surgeon today (again that suzy rocks!) to talk about options for reconstruction. here are my options
Implant surgery and tram flap surgery -- implant is pretty much what you think it is -- saline or silicone-- and tram flap is where they take tissue from your abdomen and graft it in your breast (yes, please)
here are the pros and cons:
pros to implants - can change size later if needed, can have multiple implant surgeries, shorter recovery time, less scarring
cons to implant - not natural tissue, risk of leakage (albeit low), not natural looking, have to stretch existing skin to make it (stretch marks)
pros to tram flap - natural tissue, doesn't need to be stretched, free tummy tuck, looks, feels natural
cons to tram flap - more invasive surgery, longer recovery time, 2 incisions, more scarring, more pain, more hospital time, more care, maintenance, might miss first classes in january, no travel over the holidays, can not have multiple tram flaps, can not go back.
right now i am leaning towards implants -- which i NEVER in a million years would have ever thought I would have implants. just call me pamela anderson! :-)
oh and also I am joining the gilda's club in nyc:
http://www.gildasclubnyc.org/Giving/Donate.html
(if you are looking for a charity for the holiday donation) :-)
in other news -- 4 days til thunderdome and 8 days til surgery.
(i really can't wait for either one to be over - they are carrying equal weight)
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
im leaning towards implants [for you..not for me..my manteats are sufficient] mostly because im selfish and want you to come to FL with dad and carolyn. plus id hate for you to miss classes.
hmm. what you say "implants" what does that mean? does that imply reducing the other one way down and implanting in it too for consistency? or just one implant on the right?
and we can still just call you Nicole Norton, just..the one that was in playboy when you were in college.
my sister: good ole miss [boobs] tennessee. im so proud im weeping a bit. that could be the pepper spray though.
speaking of pepper in the eyes i put some pepper in my egg drop soup a while back and then touched my eye. ill advised! just so you know
Ooh, if you go with the other option I have some ass fat that I am more than willing to donate. Does Gilda's club take that? :)
trust me- when the plastic surgeon looked at me- he said i had "sufficient" amount of tissue.
Hi Nicole - Jill Quillin just sent this to me and I'm officially part of the Tennessee contingency rooting you on. If your doctor would like, I would happily take the tummy tuck and give you my belly goop to make your new boobies.
That's the kind of friend I am.
In all seriousness - Big hug; my prayers and thoughts are with you.
Hi Nicole. It's Paige Cooper Ebner, sending you my love from beautiful Lafayette, Indiana. My thoughts are with you and also on Dr. 90210, where I get all my plastic surgery knowledge. I hope you have the smoothest surgery and recovery, whichever option you choose.
Paige
Just thinking about you--we pray everyday for ya---love, LA
Post a Comment