Sunday, April 6, 2008

Manic Monday

New treatment tomorrow. drat. just when i was getting used to feeling ok again. The good news is that i heard the rumor that certain steroids are administered with this medication and you feel like you have more energy. yay! the bad news is that it is a whole other set of side-effects and apparently it takes like 3-4 hours to sit through everything.(time to get some homework done!)

Also, the shirts were shipped this week and hopefully everyone from the first round has received them. Let me know if you have not and we'll work it out. Special props to the shipping party! thanks guys!!

interesting side story about vanity: something i would have never thought about until it happened. so, i get an email at work that the security company in our building has lost some employees' photos and information and we need to report to the security office over the next week to have our pictures retaken. seriously?!? I soooo don't want to have my picture taken while i am bald, much less something that i have to carry around with me everyday as a constant reminder. i have never really thought too much about my hair or being a "concerned with my looks" kind of person and i guess i have always just taken it for granted(having hair that is). but crap man - could the timing have been any worse for my folically challenged state? i am not comfortable walking around bald- except in the apartment - but i am also not comfortable admitting vanity either. kind of a pickle. but it is interesting because i do admit that i do care about how I look but to what extent? and to what extent is harmful? not to get all philosophical but I am very much in the middle of that whole internal conversation being a balding/uni-boob/frankin-cole (ie i got pieces and parts but i am not finished yet.) didn't mean to go off on this tangent... all this to say I am hoping to wear this hat for my new security picture: (as modeled reluctantly by my dog)

3 comments:

Kate Richardson said...

I think the new security photo is when you should go for a full-blown Marilyn Monroe wig. Do major make-up, fake eyelashes and bright red lipstick. Why not? Go major glam.

Love you!

Kate

Kate Richardson said...

Oh and the Frankin-cole comment is cracking me up!

K

Allison said...

LOVE the hat of choice! Please forward a picture once your picture is made! :)
I got my t-shirt and I love it. I will be sporting it all around Memphis for you!
Still praying for you and wishing you weren't so far away!
Love you-
Allison