Friday, February 22, 2008

I have 2 ports?

Who knew? Interesting fact I learned at the plastic surgeon's yesterday. So, there is a port in the expander that has a magnet on it so that they can find it each time i need an injection. Weird, right? The nurse was running this magnet thing over the expander and marking dots on my skin where she picked up the magnet so that they would know where the port is. little known tidbit.

so here are my side effects thus far:
* Loss of appetite.
* Mouth sores. (yup- i didn't realize that this was because the chemo kills all fast growing cells- even the healthy ones - and your mouth/tongue is made up of fast growing cells- biology lesson #2)
* Higher risk of infection (due to decreased white blood cells makes you able to get sick easier).
* Bruising or bleeding.
* Fatigue.

good times.

it is snowing here in the 5 boroughs (you can't see the snowing falling upwards in the picture - but it is)

1 comment:

donna said...

Nic, thanks for the updates. I have been thinking and praying for ya! Love, Don Don