Met with the doctor today to discuss oncotyping results as well as the treatment plan. She did her dictation on the phone while we were there and holy crap. Christine and I just looked at each other in amazement. she should be making lots of money. I can't tell you how many people (nurses, etc) have told me that she eats, sleeps and breathes breast cancer. nobody smarter- it shows. seems as though they are on cutting edge too though-- i "dropped my scripts"(new expression that i am trying out for dropping ones prescriptions off at the pharmacy) and the anti-nausea drug the pharmacist hadn't heard of because it was
that new. dang. she made some other reference to cutting edge in our discussion of the gene test... as apparently I might not have to be on hormone suppressants after all of this b/c of the rare combo of receptors I have: path report says ER score= negative, PR score=positive, but oncotyping score says ER score =negative, PR score =negative. I have NO idea what that means but that it is not common and that they had actually never seen that. hmmm. so now I am a part of some study.
On to treatment... starts next monday, february 11th. Dose dense, A/C Taxol - 4X4, 16 weeks, once every 2 weeks. Tuesday - neulasta shot for upping the blood count. not as many side effects as A/C T, but another one that just wears on you.
Lastly, I might have a benefit concert with Alli's and my friends. SO sweet to offer that- door proceeds or merch or something... anyhoo - such a nice offer-- will let any NYr's know if it comes to fruition. On that same note, I am going to be starting a fund raiser. Not for "cancer" but for my cancer. I have a couple of designs for shirts and bags - and I think i can sell them to make money to pay for the medical bills. SO not fun. But the shirts, etc will be fun and hopefully people will buy them (cough, cough) so stay tuned for that and share with your friends or family :-)
Walking home last night was agood night to be in NY - here is the chrysler building:
3 comments:
So excited about the t-shirts and bags! Let me know when we can order them. I'll be happy to e-mail it out to all my friends to get them to order them too! Hmmm, we should tell Oprah and The View about it too. Maybe they'll have you on the show.
Love you!
Kate
nic, I am so proud of your attitude--look forward to being with you next week. luv u mom
I JUST LOVE YOU NICOLE! I AM SO PROUD AND GRETFUL TO HAVE A FRIEND LIKE YOU.
LOVE,
RICHA
Post a Comment